Q – Manufacturers Warranty
Provides TEN Years of Coverage
and Support from Dealer Services
Amerimax Exterior Home Products, Inc. is committed to bringing you products of the highest quality and value with our made-to-order manufacturing philosophy and Limited Warranty.
Equinox® Louvered Roof Manufacturer’s Warranty
Amerimax Exterior Home Products, Inc., Norcross, Georgia (hereinafter referred to as “Amerimax”) provides the following limited material warranty for the Equinox Louvered Roof™ which is installed at the location shown on this warranty certificate. This warranty is subject to limitations, exclusions and conditions as detailed in this warranty certificate.
- The louvers and all support components (beams, gutters and posts) are warranted for ten (10) years from the date of installation against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service.
- The power components (motor, solar panel, link bar, electronic controls) are warranted for three (3) years (parts replacement only) from the date of installation. Batteries are excluded from this warranty.
- This warranty is offered only to the original retail purchaser and is not transferable.
- The warranty only applies to manufacturing defects in the products. Steel products are not warranted against rust. The warranty covers residential and commercial applications.
Any claim under this warranty must be in writing and sent to Amerimax Exterior Home Products, Inc., 303 Research Drive, Suite 400, Norcross, Georgia 30092 and received within 30 days of discovering claimed defect. This written notification must include a description of the defect, the address of the installed product, plus the date of installation, and the name and address of the contractor who installed the product. As Amerimax must have a reasonable opportunity to inspect the claim, do not begin any repairs prior to said inspection or the terms of the warranty could be voided.
If, after inspection by Amerimax it is determined that said defect is covered by the warranty, Amerimax shall have one hundred twenty (120) days to deliver to you a refund, repair, or new products to remedy the defective product as follows:
- During the first (1) year of installation, Amerimax has the option to repair, refinish, or replace the defective product at no cost to the homeowner, except for power components.
- From the second (2) year through the tenth (10) year, Amerimax has the option to repair, refinish, or replace defective product, but the homeowner is responsible for the labor and product shipping charges.
Amerimax shall not be liable for any shipping, labor, removal, or installation costs to remedy the defective products following the first year of the warranty period.
Exclusions and Limitations
Amerimax does not warrant the qualifications of the person installing its products. Also, this warranty does not cover installation or any consequences of faulty installation, normal weathering, chalking, fading, corrosive atmosphere contaminated with chemical fumes or salt, or any act of God, explosions or other causes beyond the control of Amerimax. This warranty does not cover the louvers being weather tight.
It is important that the homeowner follows the Care and Cleaning Instructions outlined on the back of the warranty card or visit the Care & Maintenance page. Amerimax does not warrant when aggressive environmental conditions are manifested. That includes, but not limited to, black streaking on the beams and louvers.
This warranty shall not be valid or enforceable unless it is registered with Amerimax within thirty (30) days after completion of the original installation of the product covered hereby and on the registration form attached hereto.
Amerimax reserves the right to discontinue and make changes in any of its products. In the event that products covered by this warranty are not available, Amerimax shall have the right to substitute products that in Amerimax’s discretion are of comparable grade, quality, or price. This limited warranty only applies to products erected within the continental United States and Canada.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY IS MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHICH ARE DISCLAIMED AND THE PURCHASER’S RIGHTS ARE LIMITED TO THE TERM OF THIS WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Amerimax shall not be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. The obligations of Amerimax set forth herein are the sole remedies available whether the claim is for negligence, breach of warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, you also may have other rights which may vary from state to state.